The School Service Commission (SSC) on Saturday released the names of 1,804 ineligible candidates linked to the cash-for-jobs scam, complying with an earlier directive from the Supreme Court.
According to an official memo, the list, published by the commission, includes the roll numbers, serial numbers, and names of the candidates who were declared ineligible.
The apex court had earlier ordered the SSC to make public the details of ‘tainted’ candidates whose recruitment had been found irregular.
The move comes just days after the Supreme Court, on August 19, said that former West Bengal education minister Partha Chatterjee could be released on bail in the same case being probed by the CBI, but only after the trial court records statements of material witnesses within two months.
Alongside Chatterjee’s bail directive, the apex court also granted bail to Subiresh Bhattacharya and Shantiprasad Sinha, both of whom held senior positions in state education bodies during the period of the alleged recruitment irregularities.
The bench further directed that charges against public servants be framed within four weeks in cases where prosecution sanction has been accorded under the Prevention of Corruption Act, while charges for IPC offences alone would apply where sanction is pending.
According to an official memo, the list, published by the commission, includes the roll numbers, serial numbers, and names of the candidates who were declared ineligible.
The apex court had earlier ordered the SSC to make public the details of ‘tainted’ candidates whose recruitment had been found irregular.
The move comes just days after the Supreme Court, on August 19, said that former West Bengal education minister Partha Chatterjee could be released on bail in the same case being probed by the CBI, but only after the trial court records statements of material witnesses within two months.
Alongside Chatterjee’s bail directive, the apex court also granted bail to Subiresh Bhattacharya and Shantiprasad Sinha, both of whom held senior positions in state education bodies during the period of the alleged recruitment irregularities.
The bench further directed that charges against public servants be framed within four weeks in cases where prosecution sanction has been accorded under the Prevention of Corruption Act, while charges for IPC offences alone would apply where sanction is pending.
You may also like
People from ethnic minority backgrounds 'almost twice as likely to face hunger'
Princess Diana's brother's heartbreaking 'impossible' post on 28th anniversary
Ranbir Kapoor Joins Mother Neetu Kapoor For Ganpati Visarjan
Iran's regime braces for fresh protests as Europe moves to reimpose sanctions
NeGD achieves Pan-India integration of nearly 2,000 e-government services